And just like that, it's over.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Friday was the last day of school with my babies, my cherubs. I've told y'all how much they mean to me, but words truly don't express how much those little babies weaseled themselves right into my heart. They were my everything for the last 180 days and now they are not mine anymore.

Friday I bawled my eyes out. I told them how much I loved them and that no matter how much I yelled at them, they were still my cherubs. I told them how proud I was of them and I know they have great things lined up in their future. 

One mom brought me a framed picture of her son and his best friend (both in my class). The boys had a picture of them framed in a frame that said "World's BEST Teacher." There I was, bawling, right in the middle of the cafeteria. 

I'm going to miss those babies so much. I get a lump in my throat thinking about how much I adore them. They will forever be my first class and God knew what He was doing when He placed them in my class.
Last year I was crying everyday because I hated my job. Lately I have been crying everyday because I am so happy! Boy can life change within a matter of a year!

A poster my babies made for me!
My empty room. So sad!
One cherub's mom made these. Aren't they precious?!
One of my boys (and his mom!) spoiled me!
Friday night Chris and I ate dinner at our town's square then decided to just drive around town. We stumbled upon this pond and fountain. It was so nice to just be able to sit, relax, and watch the sunset with my best friend.


Saturday I studied all day for my final two certification exams. If you're new here, you can read this post HERE and it explains why I have to take these final two certification exams and how I got into teaching! Saturday night we went to Bahama Bucks and then went to the park and ate our treats on the tailgate :)


Sunday was spent going to church, grocery shop, studying, and spending lots of time outside. It was a gorgeous day!

Now it's Monday and I am studying before I have to go take one of my final two tests. Wish me luck! 
  Linking up with Leeann Kimberlee!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I've been teaching for 3 years and I honestly have never really cried but you have that lost feeling in you for a while! I hope all these babies realize how much we love and care for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you made your mark in those kids' lives!! Congrats on your first year of teaching, Mrs. Tucker!! So proud of you!! Now it's time to relax and enjoy the summer...hopefully with me soon!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at that desk/organizational system in your classroom. That would be a teacher's dream. So are you teaching the same grade next year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what sweet kiddos! And you're obviously a great teacher.

    Good luck with your exams!

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Enjoy your summer! I am still working on taking that plunge. You make me want it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....your kiddos were so lucky to have you as their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend, and I could only imagine what it would have been like saying goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, so sweet! I got sad seeing your empty room too. But you know that summer will fly by. Why is the small at Bahama Buck's ginormous? I mean I'm not complaining or anything. Yum!

    ReplyDelete