I should have titled this "5 Reasons I Don't Buy Clothes Online." It might surprise most of you, but I can count on one hand the items of clothes I have bought online. Here are five reasons I choose to only shop in the store.
1. You are more aware of what you are buying when you physically have the clothes in your hand. There are times that friends have said/posted about something showing up at their door that they totally forgot they ordered. Point proven. If you forgot about it, you probably didn't need it.
2. I am impatient. I don't want to wait for it to get to my house. I also don't want to have to worry about returning it. If I shop in the store I can try it on there and not waste my time going back into the store...and we all know that you walk into a store to return something and come out with more than you intended.
3. It can be addicting. The feeling of seeing a box on your doorstep is a feeling we all love. Even if you know exactly what is in that box, it still feels like Christmas. I don't want to toy with that happy feeling for the fear that it could get out of control. Plus, what fun is Christmas if you are getting boxes all year long?
4. It's a waste of time, personally. I already hate being on the computer (weird because I blog, but it is the main reason I left accounting), but scouring the internet for something to buy is not appealing to me. I can walk in a store, make a few rounds, and in ten minutes be able to decide if I want to buy or try anything on. To me, the clothes shopping on the internet is like searching for a needle in a haystack. You find something, look at it from every angle, Google to see if it is cheaper somewhere else, then look at other similar stores to see if you like something more, and finally, after 30 minutes searching for the perfect black cardigan, you purchase the one you found in the first place.
5. Shopping at the store gets me out of the house. Even if I don't buy anything, I usually go shopping with a friend which means we are getting to catch up and spend time together. Once I'm out of the house I am more likely to run the errands I have been procrastinating. And, it never hurts for me to get off the couch and make some laps around the mall.
So there ya have it. My five reasons why I choose to not shop online. I know in the blogging world tons of bloggers make money off their online sales which I am a complete proponent of. I link up items when I feel like it, and I do make a small commission off of the purchases, but BELIEVE ME, I am never going to shout from the rooftops that you need to buy what I'm wearing. I don't shop online, so I don't expect my readers to.
What do you think? Why do you or don't you shop online?