WIWW: All sorts of wonderful things! + Link Up

Tuesday, September 24, 2013


I had no idea what to title this post. To be completely honest...I have been at a math training all day and they are not kidding with this stuff. I have a master's degree and fractions were whoppin' my you know what. I have determined that, although I teach fifth grade, I am not smarter than a fifth grader. 

You see, math always came really easy to me, therefore I really enjoy teaching it. I have come to find that the toughest part of doing math is teaching it to kids. Specifically kids who don't have accounting backgrounds and love math. Have you ever thought about teaching a kid, who hates math, how fractions work? Or why 1/4 is larger than 1/8? Or how is 4/12 equal to 1/3? It is like trying to teach me a foreign language. Nearly impossible.  


Although nearly impossible, that is the beauty in it! I love the challenge. I want to be that teacher that they say ten years from now taught them fractions and decimals and all this other stuff that they probably won't ever need in real life...butpleasedon'ttellmyprincipalIsaidthat.


If you haven't watched the documentary TEACH I suggest you do. It brought me to tears. No one (not even me a mere two months ago) realized how hard teaching is. I know I have said it before, but not all children learn the same, or understand information at the same rate. I have 19 kids and each night I go home and plan 19 lessons on how to make each of those children individually better. It is tough, and takes a lot of Pinteresting (I am sorta kidding...), but at the end of the day, I am the one responsible for their future. I am responsible for letting them know that they can be what they want to be and they can do what they want to do!

Please watch THIS clip about TEACH. It brought tears to my eyes, and chills to my skin, just thinking that a student could say this about me.

"That's the weird thing about her, she cares about us and we just don't know why."




Now that I have poured my heart out, again, for my job, I will wipe my tears and start talking about this amaze-balls bag I got, courtesy of Lulu's.


If I were shopping this year, Lulu's would have a lot of my money. I love the size and shape of this bag. One of the things I want to expand next year when I can shop again is my accessories collection. Thankfully, Lulu's took care of my 'Little Green Purse' need!


I am not sure if people are still rockin' the bubble necklace, but since that's all I've got, I'm going with it. I love how it pops off this new (yes I said new) Gingham top I got from Banana Republic with rewards moola. Boo-ya! Didn't break my resolution. Ha!



Anddd obviously I have gotten way off track and this post has no real point so I will end it now. Usually I end with some randomness for Wednesdays, but I think this post encompasses random, so I will spare you.

Top: Banana Republic (exact) // Jeans: J Crew (similar) // Shoes: Steve Madden (similar) //Purse: Lulu's c/o // Necklace: random boutique // Watch: Fossil (exact)
Happy Wednesday!

PS: I had some other cute outfits this week...if you haven't got your outfit fix from the vomit of picture this post contained. Here and Here

RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post!!  
(some people have been forgetting this lately and, to be honest, it is really disrespectful. 7 out of 21 bloggers linked back to me last week. I will be deleting your post if you don't respect my one and only rule. Thanks!)

- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker

Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Loving the shirt, especially with those jeans. Very cute. Also, maybe I missed this somewhere but how do you get so much awesome free stuff?! I'm impressed and a little jealous haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the combination of colors in that outfit, especially the purse and necklace! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very country retro. Love it! ;) My step-mom is a teacher. One thing I love about her teaching style is that she teaches alternative learning styles. So those fractions...she gets them to bake. So they can physically see the measuring cups and spoons and understand why an 1/8 is smaller than a 1/4, etc. I know you probably don't have access to allow 5th graders to bake, but just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit and that cute green bag! I think it is such a wake-up call to get into the classroom to teach. I think in my mind, I could see myself standing at the chalkboard, with children listening attentively, fascinated by my brilliant words. And then I get into the classroom and can't even get a sentence out ; ) And you're right, each kid learns differently, so it makes for a really eventful class period, that doesn't always go according to the lesson plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style! I'm a fellow teacher too! New follower!

    xoxo,
    Lauren from Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit friend!! You looks so gorgeous (hellooooo blue eyes) winky wink ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the bubble necklaces..rockin em aaalll day eeerrrr day still. 5 colors so far and don't care ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the bright yellow and minty green against the navy gingham! So fun! And the wide leg jeans are pretty awesome too. Love that you still managed to get a few new things for free, that's ALWAYS awesome :)
    I'll have to watch this clip when I get off tonight...I admire you and all teachers! I could never do what you do!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teaching is a very needed job, and it's wonderful that there are so many teachers, like yourself, who are committed to giving children the best education possible!

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors through the necklace and the bag. Super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was looking at re training to be a teacher and it scares me a little, as i always think..what if i cant actually do their work myself lol! Plus the whole explaining it in child like terms can be difficult. Go you! I bet youre doing great. Love the great clourful outfit, you look so pretty! thanks for hosting xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have such an appreciation for what you do. Teaching has to be one of the hardest jobs and you have such an awesome responsibility. I love the colors in your outfit, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great combination! love the pant cut and the gingham.
    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great look on you - I am loving the bright yellow with the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, first off, blue looks great on you..totally makes your eyes pop. Second...can you please be my child's teacher??? Really, you seem to be a fabulous teacher, and sadly, we don't have enough of you out there. Lastly, I have the same shirt, and I love it...wish I had gotten the pink one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute outfit! Love the gingham (agree ^^ the blue makes your eyes stand out!) and the bright-colored accessories look great.

    ReplyDelete