A diamond and a helicopter

Monday, September 16, 2013


Today I am linking up with Jenni for Blogtember! Today's topic is a moment you would like to relive. 

I think of my wedding day, not as a moment, but as a day...so I am going to spare you more wedding posts. Instead I choice to relive the moment Chris proposed. 

When you have no idea you're about to be asked the most important question of your life, you might be off in la-la land and not paying much attention. Insert my face into this story.

You can read our full engagement story here, but I will summarize it for you. Warning: it involves Christmas lights and a helicopter, so you might want to pass this post along to those men out there looking for ideas (wink, wink).

Long, but perfect, story short...Chris and I went to his friend's graduation from UT Dallas. While pulling out of the parking lot after the ceremony Chris's Tahoe died right in the middle of the road. We sat there waiting for AAA to come. Obviously we got hungry and missed the graduation party (which we were never actually going to attend...), so after we were rescued Chris asked if we wanted to get something to eat. Duh. 

Then, we pulled up to a private airport and I just about threw up. Imagine thinking you're going to dinner and you pull up to an airport. There waiting for us was a helicopter. Yup, a freaking HELICOPTER.

After shaking and managing to sign my life away in case of an accident, we boarded this little heli and were swept off into the sky. Chris told me this was an early Christmas present because I always told him how much I wanted to ride in a helicopter. 

I remember thinking what a perfect moment that would be to propose, but we had just been on the side of the road for a couple hours and I never managed to see a ring, or a box, or anything hinting that some bling could be shoved in my man's pockets.

After we landed I was so excited about what had just happened that (of course) I asked the pilot to take our picture. Little did I know Mr. Pilot Man was in on Chris's plan and wham bam...you know what happened next.

I would love to relive that moment because it was SUCH a blur. One second I am soaring high in the sky and the next I asked the pilot to take a simple picture and there I was engaged to the man of my dreams. 

Ladies, dreams really do come true. 

For the full, sappy story, click here. 
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. i just love reading about people's engagement stories! adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect engagement story. Love your favorite moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing ever!! What a great guy you have :) Awesome way to propose and definitely a moment to remember and cherish!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH-mazing proposal story!!! Your man did GOOD girl!!!

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome story to tell the kids someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! So sweet! Well-planned, hubby!

    <3

    Caitlin

    http://thepearlandthepilot.com

    ReplyDelete