Questions about Baby Tucker

Tuesday, September 29, 2015


Holy smokes, y'all know how to make two parents-to-be feel special! Thanks you so, so much. Chris and I are feeling the love!

Sorry to leave yesterday's post so vague, but I'm here today to spill the beans about what has been happening thus far and to answer some questions people had.


How far along are you?
Today I am 12 weeks 4 days. Woo hoo! I figured it was time to tell because the other day a 3rd grader said, "Mrs Tucker!!.....you look like you're pregnant..." I replied with an "ohhhh really??" Yup, time to tell.

How have you been feeling?
I've been (knock on wood!) feeling really great. I always knew I'd be one to suffer from morning sickness, but when it didn't hit I was always so cautious knowing it could show up at any moment. Well, it never did! From weeks 5-8 I felt icky in the afternoons when I got home from school, but right at 8 weeks, it all stopped. Riding as a passenger in a car was no fun and I did get carsick once, but I feel like I can't complain about getting sick once.

Right before we went to Mexico was when the afternoon nausea stopped and right when we got back from Mexico the exhaustion hit. Y'all, that stuff is for real! I had to stop at Sonic one day to get a milkshake just to keep my eyes open. I felt like I had pulled an all-nighter in college.

Finally, I am not as tired when I get home and throughout the day. Every weekend requires a nap, and I'm ready for bed at 8:00pm, but I don't feel exhausted like I did.

Knocking on more wood, I feel like I'm about to hit that "pregnancy is great" stage. I managed to make it to the gym and run a slowww mile and a half, so that's a plus. Minus the three times I had to pee in an hour.

Do you know the gender?
We don't, BUT we will very soon! We (I should say I since Chris gave zero blood) got blood drawn last week and should know this week or next what the gender is. We aren't having a gender reveal party because, as cute as they are, they aren't really for us. So y'all will most likely find out the day after we do...and I don't know when that day is, so yay for the waiting game.

What do you want/think the baby is?
Chris and I both want more than one baby, so I'm praying that we have one of both eventually, so it honestly doesn't matter to me. Chris is, of course, boy all the way. I was feeling girl, but every wives tale says boy and I'd be pumped about that. I've always dreamed of having a big brother for all the other siblings, but I'd be equally as happy for a girl!

When did you find out?
We found out August 4th and I will have the story, and video, of how I told Chris for you very soon!

Will you be doing weekly updates?
Doubtful, but I'll probably tie them in with my WIWW. Kick me, but I won't be doing those things that everyone else does because, just being honest (emoji of monkey covering their eyes...), I don't care to share if I get stretch marks or gain weight or whether my rings are on and off. I know woman love doing them to document each week, but I'm just not that sentimental. I'm growing a human, so I don't mind if I've gained 20 pounds or 50 or if I'm craving all the cake in the world. I've got 9 months to rock it and that's just what I'm going to do.

Also, I've taken one picture of my belly and I'm not even sure what week it was at, so I'm totally winning in the documentation department. Even Chris said, "Are you going to take those weekly pictures because you've taken none..."

I'd start taking them if I could figure out a cute idea that didn't involve slaving over a chalkboard for hours only to erase it one week later. Love the idea, but I have yet to find the time... unless someone wants to come do it for me :) I'll pay in cookies and puppy kisses.

Does that mean I won't update y'all at all? 
No way! But I'll probably do it in more of a this is what I felt this week way. And I'm guessing I'll be missing many weeks because teacher exhaustion is kicking my butt. And throughout this process so far I've proven to not be the most sentimental person ever, so hopefully I get a couple updates in before the baby is born, ha!

The future of the blog...
As you can tell the last couple months I haven't been blogging much because when you're holding on to a huge secret there isn't much else to talk about other than that secret, so there will be quite a bit of baby stuff (how I found out, how I told Chris, etc.), but now that my energy is coming back I hope to have more house updates documented! 

Once again, thank you ALL for your prayers and well wishes. This baby was prayed for and given to us in God's time and we couldn't be happier. Know that we are praying for those of you struggling and we are wrapping our positive thoughts around all the other mommas to be.

14 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling great! We found out at 12 weeks what our little nugget was when we had bloodwork done. So much has changed in the two years since I had Harper. Can't wait to find out what you're having! And amen to the exhaustion! This pregnancy I feel like I'm tired all the time but then again it's hard to know if it's from pregnancy or just returning back to work after a long summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 12 weeks! How amazing and what an absolute blessing. We are so thrilled for you both and look forward to any updates. I especially look forward to seeing your sweet little when he or she makes their appearance. And, keeping with tradition, since I like to guess the gender early, I'm going to say Boy! Praying for a healthy, easy, and wonderful pregnancy for you and your hubby. God Bless your little family!

    Also, I really appreciate the side note for those of us still struggling. That was really sweet to acknowledge and is greatly appreciated.

    Megan R Richards
    meganrrichards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how hard was it going to Mexico and not partaking in that liquid fun? I have a friend who went to Mexico as their babymoon before #2 came and she said it was very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so thrilled and happy for you!! congrats and glad to hear you are feeling good. can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you guys!! And glad to hear you're feeling great so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids....nothing gets past them ;) Yay for #tuckerbump!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so exciting! Love that your kids called you out :) HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay so happy that you posted this, I had so many questions. Glad that you didn't feel sick. Can't wait to see the video of you telling Chris, don't make us wait, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Can't wait for all the baby stuff galore!!! 😍 I'm sure
    you have the tiniest, cutest bump!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're feeling great! I never had any morning sickness & was only nauseated a handful of times - yes it was great but, there's plenty of other "symptoms" out there than those 2. LOL! I totally understand the whole not documenting stuff... I did with Jack (& I'm grateful I have it) but, it was a lot to do each week & I didn't even do a chalk board! Just a pic of me... and a WHOLE blog post! Next time it will likely be on a monthly basis or something. Weekly is a lot & not much changes week to week anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah!!! This is such WONDERFUL news! So, so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My age is going to show in this comment. Have you thought about waiting to see if it's a boy or girl until you deliver? It really is exciting when the doctor says congrats it's a girl or boy. I know very few wait now to find out but I'd recommend it! Best wishes for a healthy baby. Love the part about your student. Out of the mouths of babes😋

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you are feeling good! I was never sick with any of my 4 pregnancies but just like you tired as all get out. That's usually how I knew I was pregnant...not a napper but I would be falling asleep anywhere. Sounds like you have your head on straight...enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for you guys!! I'm 22 weeks 4 days now so we are exactly 10 weeks apart :) Also, what is this blood thing where you can find out at 12 weeks?? We had to wait to find out via ultrasound at 16 weeks! It felt like forever!! Also, all the old wives tales were correct for me.. they all said boy! That's my guess for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete