A Recovery Weekend

Monday, August 31, 2015

First off, how are all my fellow teachers out there doing? Counting down the days until Christmas break yet? The first week back is exhausting. I've never been one to nap after work and before bed, but last week there was a lot of napping going on. I love my kids and schedule this year, so once I get back in school-shape, I'm sure my endurance will improve. 

Now, I have to show y'all a glimpse of my sister-in-law's gorgeous wedding. She was stunning. Literally a head-turner. Our flowers popped off our dresses and the whole day was sheer perfection!
This weekend was a recovery weekend. We went straight from wedding festivities to the first week of school, so naps and cleaning we on the agenda. Oh, and hanging with these two cuties. 

I managed to unpack our bags from the wedding and do too many loads of laundry to count. Chris built me shelves in our linen closet and grilled with his best friend. 
Saturday night Chris and I went on a date to the FC Dallas soccer game. The stadium is only about 15 minutes from our house and Chris got free tickets from his work, so we decided to try something new.

All we got from the experience was that soccer and the fans couldn't be more opposite from baseball. The whole time Chris and I kept saying how out of place we felt. To me, soccer is simply kicking a ball around a field AND IT CAN END IN A TIE! What game ends in a TIE?! Like seriously...let me play for an hour and a half and no one win?!?!?!?! That blows my mind. We decided we can check that item off our list.








Another week is upon us. I can't believe this school year is already a week in. Time sure flies when you are loving life!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. The first time I saw a pro soccer game, I was shocked by the tie endings too - it doesn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...yeah....you won't see us at a soccer field either...just don't get it. And how gorgeous was your SIL?! The whole wedding party looked stunning! I'm pretty sure I need one of those bouquets to have on display on my kitchen table. #gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love soccer and I think it just comes with being used to it. I grew up oversees and soccer is main sport there...
    Also, love the dark colors of bridal party!

    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers look so good against the dresses!!

    ReplyDelete