Here is a quick recap of what life has been like lately:
- After Christmas we had family here until Sunday the 28th...so we played host for ten days. It was so fun to have everyone in our home and I am humbled with the fact that my 89 year old granddad was able to make the trip and stay with us.
- Monday the 29th I had mouth surgery. For those that care, or are wondering, my front gums were receding, so I had a gum graft. This was my fourth mouth surgery and the easiest by far. Chris was an angel and I'm happy to have it over with.
- My mouth surgery had me holed up in bed for about two days. Those pain meds knock me out!! By Wednesday I was feeling better so I went and got a spray tan for my friend's wedding. Luckily my mouth didn't really swell and my lower lip just felt like it was sewn to my teeth, so I was okay for the wedding! My smile was not as big and smiley as normal, but I think only I could tell! I think the tan helped, ha!
- Thursday evening I went to the bride's parent's house and spent the night with her. The wedding stress was setting in and I was happy to be there to help. I helped her pack for her honeymoon to Maui (totally jealous!) and go through her checklist.
- Friday was wedding prep day. We started with brunch at Bread Winners and then headed to the nail salon. Being with a bunch of girls, doing girly things, is the best ever. After our nails were done, we headed to the Ritz to get checked in to our bridal sweet.
- The rest of the afternoon and evening was filled with the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at The Iton Cactus, then late night girl talk.
- Saturday was the big day! If you follow me on instagram (@sarahtuckerup) you got a glimpse of the gorgeousness!! It was the most stunning wedding ever. Not a detail was missed and everything went off without a hitch.
- Chris and I stayed at the Ritz Saturday night, even though we only live 35 minutes away. When else are you going to get a heavily discounted rate at the nicest hotel in Dallas?! Hello!
- Sunday I had brunch with a friend who recently got engaged. All of my friends finding their boyfriends for life makes me so happy!!
- The rest of Sunday was spent watching the Cowboys beat the Lions, taking a nap, and playing with my pups. One-half loads of laundry got done and nothing got unpacked or cleaned...and I'm totally okay with that.
Tomorrow I go back to school. The kiddos don't come until Tuesday, so they are easing us back into it, which is so nice. I'm excited to see everyone! Thinking about what has gone on these last two weeks makes me realize that this could very well be my most favorite winter break ever. From having a messy house full of silly family members, to standing by my friend's side as she married her best friend, I realize how sweet and blessed my life really is.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 2015 and I can't wait to get back into the swing of things...or maybe I can wait, but I don't have a choice :)
And now for the photo-dump: