This year, instead of making a resolution, I think I'm just going to set a few goals; small and attainable.
1. Walk the dogs at least three times a week. Wrigley and Bailey stay inside all day while we are at work. When I get home, I always take them outside and play fetch, but as their parent, they need more. They deserve a good walk around the block!
2. Stop pinning DIY house projects and just do them! I could pin projects all day, but it is about time to get the ball rolling. When we bought this house, we knew we needed to make some updates. We always talk about doing them, we save for them, then we never pull the trigger. My goal is to stop being so cautious and just go for it!
3. Call my Mom at least once a week. Mom's are sensitive and although she calls me all the time (she would disagree, ha!), she has made it clear that she wants me to be the one calling. She and my Dad are now empty nesters and have become a little more needy, and that's okay :)
4. Leave work earlier. Having no Tucker Jr's relying on me makes it really easy for me to stay up at school until 5:00pm or 6:00pm...when I get there at 7:00am. That in turn makes me not have the time or energy to walk the dogs, and a lot of days causes us to eat out for dinner. I am so passionate about my job, but I need to know when it is time to shut it down and go home.
5. Live in the present. So cliche, but honestly, I need to. I am constantly thinking, hoping, wishing, wondering what the future will be like. Chris and I talk about future babies, future houses, future vacations, etc. and it makes me anxious....I want all the stuff to come now! Not that we are in a rush for anything, but I need to slow down and just live in the moment.
What are your goals to resolutions? Happy Tuesday!