A jet plane to Connecticut

Sunday, March 30, 2014








This weekend Chris and I headed up to Connecticut for an award's ceremony. Chris's boss get a pretty prestigious award in their industry and since there was an extra seat on the company jet, I was able to tag along! Chris gets to go on the jet throughout the year, but little ole school teacher me doesn't have that luxury. We are so blessed that he works for such an amazing company.

We left Texas Saturday at 10:00am and arrived in Connecticut around 2:45pm. We checked into the hotel, ran to the Starbucks in the lobby to grab a drink, then got ready for the ceremony. It was like a luxurious date night!
 
Sunday we hopped up and were back on the jet at 10:00am. In typical fashion, I was starving when we landed so we headed to McKinney Square for some lunch, shopping, then we finally convinced ourselves to go home and unpack more boxes.

I can proudly say we can now fit one car in the garage. Chris and I worked out in the garage all afternoon. We met most of our neighbors and they are so, seriously, so nice! They would walk by and welcome us to the neighborhood. We all introduced our dogs to one another. It was a really great afternoon. 

I hope to take some pictures of the house soon! We are still trying to find time to unpack and decorate. I need more hours in the day!

My kiddos have the STAAR test this week, so prayers are welcomed!

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Leeann Kimberlee!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Cani just say that the wallpaper is adorable lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick trip but how fun! :)
    Yay for fitting a car into the garage! I remember doing the same when we moved into our current house and feeling like we'd unloaded a ton of stuff! Getting the second one in there took some time...but eventually ;) Glad you met your nice neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livin it up! What a fun weekend for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh it looks like you had a blast!
    xx

    http://kristinnleighhh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait this is so cool. and y'all look like celebrities!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun! Love that dress you wore, pockets in anything is always a bonus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH and when we were able to get two cars in the garage, I took a picture. I share you excitement

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW aren't you fancy! hehe Sweet ride. Love your dress :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun little getaway! And I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. look at you and your bad a$$ self;) I love that dress on you! Perfect! What part of CT were you in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You completely look like a 25 year old Jackie O in that dress! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos of you & hubby (especially the first one) are adorable. Lucky girl that gets to travel high-class in a private jet. I also love the Blue+Black Dress. You should have done a fashion post on that outfit, alone. But seriously the food looks yummy, especially the filet mignion. I am so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome trip! Lucky, lucky, lucky! Go luck to your kiddies! :)

    ReplyDelete