5 Things Having No TV Has Forced Us To Do

Thursday, March 13, 2014

This is not, I repeat not, what our living room looks like right now...
If you have been around this blog for the last couple weeks, you know Chris and I are in the process of moving. A process it is! I cut our cable service off a couple weeks ago thinking we would be moving soon after. Well, one set back after another, we have now been without cable for almost three weeks. Here are a list of things that having no TV has forced us to do.
1. It forces you to cook, clean, and do things around the house instead of park your booty on the couch for countless hours. Just to get out of the house I have been going to the grocery store almost every afternoon and picking out dinner for the night. We have been eating so healthy because I have been picking some sort of meat and pairing it with tons of fresh veggies!

2. It forces you get get out of the house. I have taken the dogs on more walks in the last two weeks than I have all year. Sad, but true. At the same time, since it is my spring break, it has caused me to spend more money than I normally would because, let's face it...if you're not home, you're probably out spending money.

3. It forces you to pop in the workout DVD you got for Christmas and get your booty in shape for summer! Yesterday I did the Tone It Up girls HIIT video and then the stretch yoga one. Wow, I know I am not flexible, but wow...I am reallyyyy not flexible.

4. It forces you to really think about what you need in life. Chris and I were driving over the weekend and he said, "I knida don't even think we need TV..." I told him how I was sort of thinking the same thing. Then, THEN, he remembered baseball season is quickly approaching and he proceeded to take back his previous comment. Although we will have cable when we finally close on our house, this process has made us aware that we need to limit our time sitting in front of the television. 

5. It forces you to watch a record number of movies in one day, be on the computer for more hours than I like, and not be current with what is going on in the world. I would say this is my least favorite part of not having TV. Everyday, for the last couple weeks, when I would get home from work, I would get on the computer. Then I'd cook, walk the dogs, eat, and get back on the computer. Personally, the last thing I want to do when I get home is be trapped in some chair staring at a 12" screen. With the TV, I feel less trapped and more relaxed...even if I am not interested in what is actually on TV.  

Although the Tucker Family is a huge advocate for cable (hello, reality TV is my guilty pleasure...), going without for the last couple weeks has made us aware that we need to make what's on TV less of a priority! 
Happy Thursday!

And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker
Follow on Bloglovin

And don't forget to link up with yesterday's post for WIWW!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I have to ask, did you get that metal wall art over the fireplace at one of the shops in Gruene, TX? Hubs and I were there the last pretty weekend and almost bought one but were indecisive. Seeing a similar (or exact?) one in use makes me want to run back!

    Patrice @ http://dittothatstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in Canton! I have see the same type of wall art at tons of places lately. Not sure where you're located, but Wimberley market days always has tons, Fredericksburg Trade Days, and Gruene! We love it...and it takes up a lot of space so that's always good :)

      Delete
  2. Adam and I are giving up cable when we move into our new house at the end of this month! I am a little nervous, but this post reminds me that not having cable may just be the "kick in the butt" I need to get off the couch and do something else! Still -- we plan on keeping Netflix and adding in Hulu Plus and a Roku... so we will still have PLENTY of television to keep us occupied (minus the extra $70 a month!)

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! When we moved into our house we didn't have cable for almost 5 months! We got so much done, it was crazy. Now with kids, they're automatic tv killers. We get maybe1 show to watch on weeknights and maybe 2 on weekends, so we really have to be picky with what we watch.

    I actually started a house remodel recap on Thursdays. If you need painting tips, I'm your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think I'd get a lot more done around the house and more working out with no TV...maybe that should be a challenge Aaron and I start one day...after Real Housewives of OC is no running of course lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my husband travels for work, it is not unheard of me for me to not even turn the TV on at all! Unfortunately, I spend too much time on the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So when are you set to move? I would hate not having a tv come fal and winter, but summer we hardly watch tv!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We actually don't watch all that much tv. My husband has a show that he watches and I have a couple that I watch, but at the moment I've got 4 episodes of each show hanging out in the dvr, so that will tell you how long it's been since I actually sat down and watched tv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both had a bunch of recorded show on our DVR when the cable got cut off. We never have time to watch everything!

      Delete
  8. WOW AMAZING PHOTOS. And your hair looks lovely. Looks like a great Spring Break. I watched a lot more TV in US than I do in Europe so I totally get it not having cable would suck. Good thing you had DVR-ed shows to watch. =)

    Also, I want to clear the air (since I just found out). My little cousin found the lap-top on yesterday (Blogger was open) while she was watching Vivian for a couple of hours and thought it was funny to post a little post on my blog sharing some facts about her. I just found out about it. I had no idea. I am not 4.10 but 5.7 and I am not allergic to anything. I am so so sorry you guys had to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to write amazing photos about your Spring Break Post. You are looking adorable!

    ReplyDelete