In honor of the day of my birth approaching on Saturday, I decided I would tell you 24 things you probably didn't know about me.
1. I wear my glasses five out of seven days a week. Contact hurt my eyes so bad. When I take my blog pictures, I usually just take my glasses off, so half the time I can't see anything!
2. Every guy I ever dated played baseball. I have a type and I stick to it. Can you blame me?!
3. I learned to drive a standard truck at the age of 12. We lived way out in the country so I drove home everyday when we got to a certain point on our way home. My parents were brave souls.
4. I hate chocolate ice cream.
5. My best friend and I once convinced a guy on AOL instant messanger that we were twins and our dad was a doctor and we both drove really expensive sports cars. We were 10...
6. When Chris and I met we were both dating other people.
7. In 5th grade my teacher accidentally caught my hair on fire when she was lighting a candle for our Christmas party.
8. I hate all movies except chick flicks.
9. I always wanted to be a doctor, like always. Then something happened and I all of a sudden hated blood. It's not like my second choice of becoming an accountant and getting my MBA was a better choice! Third times and charm and I couldn't be happier being a teacher!
10. I won 1st place in the 4-H cooking competition for green bean casserole....and I'm pretty sure it was the same recipe everyone uses on the back of the Frenches Onions package...
11. I once peed off the second story of my cabin at camp because I was too afraid to walk to the bathroom in the dark. People who went to Camp Longhorn know what I am talking about. No lights...creepy.
12. My braces got ripped off by a blanket two months before they were supposed to be taken off. I know it sounds weird, but I was on a couch with the blanket covering me and my friend ripped the blanket away from me and some-way, some-how a thread caught on my braces and rippp...off they went. I didn't feel a thing.
13. My Mom and I did not get along when I was a teenager. I love her more than anyone, but it is that mother-daughter thing that most families go through! So glad it has passed.
14. I want more than anything to be a mom....to four kids to be exact.
15. I cry in all sad movies, sad commercials, and sad movies. I can't help it. I can even cry when listening to songs if I think about it too long.
16. I am blunt. I tell it how it is and that's that.
17. I am usually the quarterback on every flag football team I have ever played on. People are surprised when this little girl in wedges and a dress can get out there and throw it like a grown man. Thank you college softball...and dad.
18. I was addicted to Trading Spaces when I was younger. I love decorating homes! If I weren't a teacher, I would love to dabble in interior design.
19. I once punched a boy in high school because he purposely dumped a bottle of water in my lap thinking I would take it as a joke. I stood up and clocked him right in the face...then turned around and the principal was staring right at me. I didn't get in trouble at all, and when I think about that I just laugh. What was I thinking?
20. I, and Chris, never drink. We may have one glass of wine/beer a month. I have never been a big drinker, as in I honestly hate it. Everything just tastes so gross. Chris got his drinking out when he was in college, so we are both over it.
21. I always have my toenails painted. I never have them au-naturel.
22. As I've gotten older, I am very conscious about always telling myself, "you don't know what they're going through," if someone is rude to me, or does something that I don't agree with. I try to not just assume they are a rude and terrible person, but instead pray for them in whatever their battling in their own life. Does that even make sense?
23. My favorite cereal is Corn Chex. I could eat that stuff for days.
24. I have been blessed beyond measure. I grew up in the country, in a town of 1,500. I came from humble roots and from parents who love my brother and I more than life itself. I have got to experience country life and now city life. I have an amazing husband and along with that came a wonderful new family. I have a great job, great friends, and a great home. I have my health and two wonderful grandparents. I have aunts and uncles who have always spoiled me with love, and gifts! And most of all, I have a God that loves me and had provided for me more than I ever could have imagined.
I have a feeling 24 is going to be a special year!