I used this paint stripper to get the stenciled areas off the top and drawers.
If you have never worked with this stuff, here is your warning...if any, even the tiniest morsel, gets on your skin, it burns like I have never felt before. Not fun. I would wear gloves (duh) and also keep a wet rag close by just in case any splashes on you! I used a plastic scraper to scrape the paint off.
I don't have a picture of it, but I ended up stripping the fronts of the drawers and the top completely. I then sanded the whole cabinet down and proceeded with the same process as I did with my bathroom cabinets.
Here is how the ugly yellow cabinet turned out:
Here is the before of Chris's side table:
We tightened up that bottom knob and we are so pleased with how they turned out. Together the cabinets were right around $60, plus about $20 for pulls, so I'd say we did pretty good!
Other than getting knobs for the cabinets, this weekend was pretty relaxing. We did go and price out new floors and counter tops in hopes of getting that ball rolling soon. The dogs and this carpet is just not mixing very well.
We went to a friend's house and they grilled out burgers, Chris attached the mirror to my dresser, and I cooked a pot roast in the crock pot. Overall, I'd say it was a successful weekend!
Tomorrow is my second day back to school (we had to go in Friday) and I am excited to get back into the swing of things. Plus, I can't wait to meet my 21 (yes, 21!!) new cherubs!