Hello, and Happy New Year!
Today is the first day back at school and I'm sure I'll be dragging all week. Having two weeks off is pure heaven, but I am ready to get back into the groove because I know that means our little guy is coming soon!
We are officially on the three month count down! Wow. Yikes!
Yesterday I was out shopping with my mother-in-law and we got some great things for little man's room that I can't wait to show you!
I'm working backwards, so let me think...
We did nothing for New Year's Eve. Surprise, surprise. I seriously think I've only made it to midnight five times in my life. I am not a night person, and have had two separate surgeries on NYE before, so it always seems like the new year is just another day.
My days off have been filled with cleaning out closets, drawers, junk, etc. I've gone window shopping and met up with friends for lunch. I've watched a lot of tv and been pretty lazy. I did grace the gym with my presence twice last week, but had to leave early one day because my belly was cramping.
Speaking of pregnancy symptoms, here is an update on what I've been feeling:
- I thinkkk I've felt some Braxton Hicks...maybe? I was on the treadmill walking and the tightness was just too much to handle. I figured God was telling me I shouldn't be at the gym :)
- My feet are killing me. My right foot always seems to hurt so bad by the end of the day. I don't have any swelling, but man does it hurt!
- I have hit the point where you get full fast, but you're hungry ten minutes later.
- The hip pain can take a hike. When I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, my right hip always has a shooting pain. I literally use the bed as a crutch because I can't even walk on my right leg, but after I start to hobble it goes away.
- The belly is definitely in the way more. Shoes that does tie are my friend and don't even bother with anything but leggings.
- The little guy is squirming all the time! According to my app he is over 2lbs and almost 9.5 inches, so no wonder I can feel his every move. It is definitely comforting knowing he is partying it up in there!
A few other things to note:
- My parents bought us our car seat and stroller. We went with Peg Perego for both the car seat and stroller.
- My in-laws got us our crib and glider. We went with this crib and a Little Treasure recliner.
Hopefully I'll get some sneak peek pictures of his nursery soon!
Lastly, come back tomorrow to find out what our little man's name will be!!! We have finally decided on his first name and couldn't be happier!
PS: a middle name is still in the works...one step at a time for Chris, hah!
As always, follow on instagram @sarahtuckerup for more baby updates!