Back in May I showed you some progress on our living room. Frames were still picture-less, pillows were piled a mile high, and the coffee table needed to be cleaned, badly.
Even though we are not done with the living room, I figured I would show you the whole room.
My main focus in this room is using different textures and warm colors. When you are married to my husband, you have to be careful of not getting too modern with your designs. I want our home to feel cozy, yet not too dark and mature.
Some things we are looking to change:
- The coffee table. Glass is not our friend, nor is it safe.
- The floors. Carpet and dogs don't mix. We are in the process of looking for new floors.
- Buy a rug when we get new floors.
- New curtains. I love ours, but we really want to go a little lighter with the color palette.
- Throw pillows. The ones the couch came with are awful, but so comfortable. When I have the time I am on the hunt for new covers.
- Reface the fireplace. The 90's called and they want their tile back.
I can't wait to keep y'all up to speed with how the progress is going. Slowly but surely we are turning this house into a home!