A Blate and a New Vehicle

Sunday, May 18, 2014


This was a big weekend in the Tucker house. A big, big weekend.

Blogging is so weird. Never did I imagine meeting girls who I truly call real-life friends. It is the craziest thing how you start this little website and then you meet people who will be in your life forever.

Take Ashley for example. Somehow I found her blog last year (or she found me...can't remember) and over the course of a year we have become real life friends. The only weird thing was that we had never actually met in person; until Friday!

Ashley was in town for some photo-shoots (she is an awesome photographer!) and I offered up my house for her to stay! This is how my conversation with Chris went:

Me: So can my friend from Houston stay with us Friday night?
Chris: Sure!
Me: Okay!
Chris: Have you ever met this "so called friend" in person? Or is this one of those blogger things?
Me: (Giant smile...)

Ashley, Chris, and I, and another couple, met at a Mexican food place right by our house. It was like we had known each other forever and when our friends found out we were just meeting for the first time they couldn't believe it! We just said, "It's a blog thing!" Ha!

Saturday morning we woke up and I took Ashley to the square in McKinney. If you've ever been, you know how amazing it is, and I think it almost convinced her to move here :)

Saturday afternoon Chris's company was having their 25th anniversary picnic (a huge freaking extravaganza) and so Ashley went to Ikea while we went to the picnic.

The picnic was like a miniature state fair. It was amazing!
This is when the weekend gets even more exciting! After meeting up with Ashley one last time, we decide to go test drive trucks. Chris had a 2002 Tahoe that we knew wasn't going to last forever and we really wanted to get a truck and pay it off before kiddos come.


And then the test driving turned into talking about buying and the talking led to more test driving and then that all led to seven hours of being in the dealership and that led to buying our first car as adults! Both of our cars were bought/given to us by our parents (so thankful for that, parents!), so we have not had a car payment for two years. And now we Chris is happy to say we are the proud owners of a new truck! Chris is so deserving and works so hard for our family and I am so glad we are blessed to be able to give him his dream truck.

Sunday we went to church where I finally met Jenn (hi Jenn!) and then ran some eraands. Chris ran into work and I mowed the lawn. Blah.

Now it is Monday...only two more Monday's and then it is summer vacation!! Woo hoo!

And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker

Linking up with Leeann Kimberlee!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. That's why I can't let Kev test drive a 4runner... we'll go home with one if I do :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is seriously the best!! So glad you wonderful ladies were able to meet up!! And yay for a new car!! Boo to car payments, I've had that harsh reality lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making real life friends with bloggers are the best! Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that's how we've ended up with every car we've ever bought, ha! Test driving just sucks you in! Glad it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new vehicle!!! So exciting! You guys deserve it!! And the number one thing I love about blogging is who I have met and developed those cherished friendships with...a bond like no other...and in 4 weeks..that will be us..just sayin ;) (squealing with delight)............P.s - I think that bull picture of Chris should be framed haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the blate! How fun, I'm jealous!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. God love our husbands for letting our blogger buds come and stay with us...this little world is so crazy and fun! Glad you ladies finally met!! High five for Chris's new wheels....nice...real nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how exciting! Everyone around me is getting new cars, I think I need to jump on the new car wagon! So cool that you meet up with a fellow blogger and it was like you had been in person friends for forever! What a great connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for new trucks and real-life blog friends! How awesome is it that she stayed with ya'll? That's a darn nice truck, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me more happy than you know. Thank you for reminding me why I love blogging so much and getting my butt back into this world. I miss you already (crazy talk....I know). Chris is a champ for letting your "internet friend" come and stay with y'all and for not making me mow the lawn. Sorry you got stuck with it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new truck! Not having a car payment is nice, but so is a new car :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new car! We waited until my husband's broke down on the side of the road.....def not ideal - it was stressful bc a decision had to be made so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, best weekend ever! Congrats on te new truck! And yay for meeting blogging friends in person! I've actually stayed with two bloggers, out of state, as a result of this crazy little online world we have. It's amazing how we can make such good friends through our sites :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Congratulations on the new vehicle purchase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw so great you got to meet in person!

    Thanks for linking up with MMG :)

    ReplyDelete