WIWW: Dream Outfits + Link Up

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sometimes I look at Pinterest and really cringe wishing I could buy clothes this year. Even through the cringing I know this resolution is doing wonders for me.
 
But, holy crap I want some mint pants and brown wedges like I want ice cream and cereal. I want it, but I know I don't need it. Wait, I think I actually need ice cream, but that is a subject for an entirely different post. 
Every.single. thing on Pinterest is adorable. No doubt. Do you know how much more adorable everything that is already adorable becomes when you can't buy it?!
Today I am putting together a couple outfits I would buy if I could buy clothes


I picture this to be a date night outfit. We could go somewhere to sit on a patio and sip white wine or sangria. The mint and coral would pop off of my bronzed bod and hair would be unfrazzled by the Texas humidity. Obviously I am dreaming. In reality, I can't buy this outfit, I have yet to catch some rays, and my hair would look like mane of a freshly groomed poodle. Sexy I tell ya. 

If this outfit somehow landed in my closet I would demand a trip to the beach. I would be taking a leisurely stroll in my beautiful maxi and and my face would be sweat-less...ahhhh. I sure love using my imagination. The reality of this situation would be Nike shorts, ratty old flip flops, me sweating as though I just ran through a car wash, and not one ounce of jewelry on. I really need to work on my "look gorgeous while in humid and hot weather" look. You know the girl right? No matter how hot and humid a place can be, he hair is disgustingly perfect and he face has a lovely glow, not an unlovely look of a sweaty athlete. 
What are you dying to by? Do you have mint jeans?! 
Now for the jam-sesh. Okay, no jamming. Just a lot of partying!
RULES:
- All I ask is you link back to my blog 
- Write about something fashion related
- Invite other bloggers to link up
- And go meet people!

Thanks so much to those of you who link up. I really appreciate it and I enjoy reading your posts! 
Have a great Wednesday! 
Linking up with Because Shanna Said SoRolled Up PrettyGet Your Pretty On, and The Pleated Poppy!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, Pinterest is SO dangerous for my closet! There are so many cute ideas and combos on there that I want to try but never have the motivation to actually do anything about (oh the story of my Pinterest life). I am loving the mint pants though! When I find a pair that actually look decent on me, I plan on actually purchasing them:)

    Visiting from Random Wednesday!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maxi dress really couldn't be more perfect!!! I'm with you on the poodle hair, this humidity is driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have mint jeans but I want 'em.
    And I want to go to the beach too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I'm loving both of those outfits!! I don't have any mint colored skinnies, but I do have hot pink and pale pink. Mint ones would be a great addition...and I have a coral colored top that would pair perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh..love including myself in your dream scenarios with these outfits haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously have so much respect for you and your challenge to not buy clothes for a year! Especially doing the blog thing and following other blogs and all the temptation that is out there. I am trying to challenge myself to a month without buying clothes - hasn't happened yet. I need to learn more self-control when it comes to buying clothes - a goal or resolution for the year, if you will.
    And yes, those mint pants are pretty dang cute. ;)

    xx
    Merch Maven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate that! It is quite tempting, but I know I am growing to know there is more to life/spend your money on than materialistic items! The changes I am experiencing are amazing!

      Delete
  7. Just going to throw it out there, I have a pair of cropped mint jeans and I LOVE them. Normally such a skirt girl, but as it's getting warmer they are constantly in use! Sorry if this is making the craving worse... If it helps, I also have poodle hair, and never achieve that state of beachy perfection!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh. Such a good idea, as you're super DIY girl (totally found your blog because of the DIY posts!) you could totally dye an old pair of white jeans!

      Delete
    2. I only have one pair of white jeans! Bummer! I guess next year I will be a year behind the trend, rockin' my mint jeans :)

      Delete