Who doesn't love spaghetti and who doesn't love pie? Why not combine the two!
What you need:
- 4oz. dried spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8oz. ground beef (we used deer!)
- 3/4 chopped onion*
- 1 clove garlic, minced*
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce*
- 1 tsp dried oregano*
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2+ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*This is if you want to make your own spaghetti sauce. If you like the easy route like me then you can just add about 8oz. of spaghetti sauce to your browned meat (this is the way to go!). We used Prego 'Fresh Mushroom', but you can use whatever you'd like.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook spaghetti according to package. Drain. Return spaghetti to warm saucepan. Stir in butter until melted, then add egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, brown meat. Add spaghetti sauce, or go the difficult route and add all the * items :)
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Press spaghetti/egg/cheese mixture onto the bottom and sides of the pie plate. You are making a spaghetti crust.
- Spread cottage cheese on the bottom and sides of the pasta crust.
- Spread meat and sauce mixture over the cottage cheese (I promise you cannot taste the cottage cheese for those of you cringing right now...I hate cottage cheese, but love this recipe).
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Cut into wedges just like a pie, and enjoy!
*Recipe based off of Better Homes and Gardens "Our Best Recipes"