My First Mother's Day

Monday, May 9, 2016

Thanks to Graham, I got to celebrate Mother's Day! I'm only 5 weeks into this motherhood thing, but the tears of joy that I shed on a daily basis are unreal. Our little dude makes me so happy. Life is truly so great.

Saturday Chris gave G a bottle so that I could sleep in. I told Chris he would probably be hungry around 9:30-10 so He needed to wake me up so I could feed him. At 11, Chris and G come wake me up! I asked Chris what he did to keep him quiet and he said he had him suck in the empty bottle, hahah! Total first time dad move. The gesture was much appreciated, though, as I got to rest up for the first time since April 1st. 

The rest of Saturday was filled with hanging out around the house. Chris cleaned and prepped our fence to be stained. I kept G alive and managed to do a few things here and there. 

Saturday night we went to church and then out for burgers with our friends. We devoured the best sweet potato fries and truffle fries. My mouth is watering thinking about them. 

Sunday we tried to get breakfast at this diner close to our house, but even as early as we got there, it was packed. So, we went to Dunkin Donuts and then drove around because Graham was happily sleeping in the car. 

When we got home, my friend came over to meet G for the first time. After she left, we went back to the diner for a late lunch and the got Braums ice cream for dessert. 

Chris needed some new boots, so we went to Cavenders and then momma got to go get a pedicure!

It was a low key weekend, but I wouldn't have had it any other way!







3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great first mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! Happy first mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great first mother's day! And My hubby would do something similar to get the babies to go a little longer between having to wake me up...we called to the Daddy Pacifier..because usually he would stick his finger in their mouth until they realized, hey wait I'm not actually sucking milk...lol. Sometimes he could get them to go another 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete