Link Up: Winter Go-To Looks with The Lovely Lookbook

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Lovely Lookbook Button


Welcome to The Lovely Lookbook, a monthly link up to share your style and find outfit inspiration! December's TLL features Your Winter Go-To Looks, and we can't wait to see them!

Our goal for The Lovely Lookbook is to help women of all shapes, sizes, and styles share their looks and find new outfits based on the theme of the month. For each Lovely Lookbook, Caitlin and I will share our height and the size of clothing we’re wearing as a reference to help show you how to dress your body. We hope you’ll join us!

We want you to share your style to inspire others, and if you’re trying to figure out your style, we want to help you look and feel amazing in your own skin and clothing!

Here are our go-to winter looks!

Tucker Up

Tucker Up

My top and vest are both size small and from Old Navy. The top is stretchy, which I love for my winter go-to look because you are able to layer without feeling confined. My pants are size 4 from Banana Republic, and are stretchy jeans, so that's why I love them for this look. You can eat as much as you want at a holiday meal and not feel uncomfortable. The Target plaid scarf is perfect because it keeps me so warm! I'm 5’3″. 

Greater Than Rubies

Greater Than Rubies


Caitlin:

My dressed down winter go-to look is a copy cat version of Sarah's, so I wanted to show you the pieces I reach for when I need to look look a little fancier but still want to stay warm. A top + a blazer + skinnies tucked into riding boots is how I roll. To stay warm, I almost always wear a cami under my tops in the winter for an extra layer of warmth. When I opt for a silky shirt like this one, I'll reach for my wool blazer so I can stay nice and toasty. My button up is a size small and from J. Crew Factory. The blazer was a J. Crew Clothes Mentor find. My pants are size 4 from Gap, and the boots are from Nordstrom Rack. I’m 5’11.

Enough about us- let’s see your winter go-to looks! Link up below, or if you're new (we're so glad you're here!) and you want a little more info on TLL, this is how The Lovely Lookbook works: 

The link up begins on the 1st of every month. So, on the 1st, visit Greater Than Rubies or Tucker Up to link up your styled item. We want you to share your style and/or find inspiration from how others styled their looks. Feel free to link up as many looks as you’d like. If you wear stripes every day for the next two weeks and want to link up each one, awesome. Just one? Perfect. If you aren’t a blogger, feel free to just stop by for some inspiration!

The link up will run for two weeks (today’s closes on December 14th). Also, from the 1st through the 14th, you can vote for the next month’s topic. (Starting today, you’ll vote for January's.) You can vote as many times as you want and even plead your case on social media to up your chances if you like!

On the 15th of every month, we’ll announce the following month’s theme. All we ask is that you link your post(s) back to both of our blogs (Tucker Up and Greater Than Rubies). You don’t have to follow us, or give us your first born child to participate (ha!).

If you Instagram, you can use the hashtag #thelovelylookbook to share your style for all to see and follow us @TheLovelyLookbook if you like!

One last thing: if you're working on figuring out your style, let us fill you in on a little secret. Both of us wear all kind of sizes to make sure we can get the fit of things right because every designer’s sizing is different. No one else sees the size on the tag, and if the items fit, all they notice is that you look put together! We’re so excited about this opportunity to showcase a bunch of different ways that women style items they already own! Thanks for being part of that!

Now link up those winter looks, browse for inspiration, and cast your vote over on Caitlin's blog! What do you want to wear and see styled for the January 1st Lovely Lookbook?

3 comments:

  1. You look so cozy and adorable!!! Love the scarf of course!! best piece of clothing EVER made!! Love and miss you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dumb question....I never saw the actual link up and I also cannot get Greater Than Rubies site to pull up. Was there a technical difficulty or is it just me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these outfits are so lovely! I just bought a puffer vest from Old Navy, and I'm so excited to style it. And skinny jeans, polka dots, riding boots, and a blazer - what could make a better look?

    ReplyDelete