New House Update: Master Bathroom + Fireplace

Monday, June 11, 2018



Happy Monday, friends! This weekend was a fun one! Chris and I got to attend an adult birthday party for one of our best friends on Saturday and then Sunday was spent running errands and going to the pool with friends!

Today, I want to give another house update! This blog is a journal that I love to look back on, so I want to make sure to remember this process.

This week's big hold up was our shower flooring in the master bathroom (pictured below). I don't know what we were thinking when we chose our shower floor. The only way I can describe it is if you were buying a Range Rover with cloth seats. LIKE WHO DOES THAT? No one, the answer is no one. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.



See? Terrible. The floors remind me of a locker room shower. Just terrible. In my head I thought the tiles would have the appearance of concrete, but I was, so, so wrong. The sample I chose from was also a 2x2 inch tile, so I blame that as well. Our builder told us to go buy what we want and be on standby for when the tile guy returns. I am SO EXCITED for what we chose. It will be so much better!





In the store I wasn't sure how the hexagons tiles would work alongside the bigger hexagons, but I think they compliment each other perfectly!

Updated: It looks SO MUCH BETTER!


Now onto the next mess up. Obviously the guys installing our shiplap don't know Joanna Gaines. I don't hate the vertical look, but I prefer the horizontal. I WILL be incorporating vertical shiplap in the house, but you'll have the wait and see where that will be!

I am also obsessed with the subway tile surround on the fireplace!! It looks amazing!




The house is supposed to be done in August, and we can't wait! We will be doing a bunch of renovations (some things the builder wouldn't do) and work on the backyard once we close, so I am eager to get moved in and start decorating!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the update! We are looking at redoing our master bath and have picked out the hexagon flooring as well - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I have major master bath envy, the one thing I need to upgrade our house for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete