|Flashback Friday to two months after we got married (almost 3 years ago!). Chris looks like a baby and I miss my hair.|
The weeks seem short, but every day I come home exhausted and looking like I've been hit by a truck.
- I was sick last week and got put on antibiotics, then Wednesday night Chris came home and could barley swallow. Yesterday morning he woke up with a 101 fever and looking so pitiful. He got a shot in the booty, and seemed to be feeling a little better, but when he got home from work he had a fever again. I hope he is fully recovered by this weekend because we've got big plans!
- Tomorrow morning we are having brunch with this girl! I am so excited to finally meet her in person! Blogging is such an awesome thing and can bring you friendships you never knew were possible.
- Chris's sister is in town, so we are going to dinner with his family Saturday night.
- Sunday is our normal church day, and somewhere between all this brunching and dining I've got to find time to clean, grocery shop, and do laundry! Being gone last weekend means our house has been a wreck all week. Clothes everywhere. Dishes piled high. Vacuuming to be done. And the list goes on!
- I hope to squeeze in some time to go buy a swimsuit and a couple more things for our cruise. And if it would ever stop raining here, maybe I could get some sun on my body so I'm not blinding people in the Bahamas!
Since the end of the year is upon us, I figured I'd leave you with some quotes from my students that should make you giggle.
When editing their paper:
Oh, I need to add a floating comma!
When giving a presentation on Iowa:
And the capital is Des Moines (pronounced dess moy-knees)...
After asking my student why they were covered in mud:
Well, I was running, and then I slipped in the poopy mud.